The first step to healing is to decide whether or not you are a womb twin survivor, and if so, what happened exactly. There is a great deal of information out there about the death of a twin around birth or before. Begin your search today! This site is filled with good quality information, so it may be a good place to start.
1. All my life I have felt as if something is missing
2. I fear rejection
3. I know I am not realizing my true potential
4. I feel different from other people
5. I have been searching for something all my life but I don’t know what it is
6. Deep down, I feel alone, even when I am among friends
7. I fear abandonment
8. I have a problem with anger, there is too much or too little
9. I always feel in some way unsatisfied, but I don't know why
10. There are two very different sides to my character
A twin pregnancy of about 10 weeks. The lower sac contains a live fetus but the fetus in the upper sac has died. The sense of Something or Someone being there for a while but now gone missing, will remain somewhere in the back of the mind of the sole survivor - the womb twin survivor.
This project, started by Althea Hayton in 2003, is the first project of its kind to explore in depth the psychological impact on the sole survivor when a co-twin dies during pregnancy or close to birth.
It would seem impossible that such an early event could leave an impression - but we now know it is true. So if you have always had a sense of being a twin, you are probably right, and above all, you are not crazy!
The Womb Twin Survivors Project pages are now maintained and administered by Womb Twin.
We are unable to provide personal support if any of these issues apply to you
but if there are problems with this site, please contact us.
Everything you ever needed to know about womb twin survivors. Womb twin survivors are the sole survivors of a twin or multiple pregnancy. This group, 1 in 10 of the population, includes survivors of a stillbirth, miscarriage, abortion and a "vanishing twin" pregnancy. It is a story of a twin bond broken by death, leaving a lonely survivor. Follow the links on this site and learn all about it!